3.1 Basic Electromagnetics (EM) Analysis with Simcenter NX-Magnetics
The MAGNETICS for Simcenter module, also known as NX-Magnetics, which is trained in this seminar, opens up possibilities for simulating complex electrodynamic models.
NX CAD and Simcenter 3D are used as preprocessors and postprocessors, while MAGNETICS is used as a solver. This seminar shows basic methods and functionalities of the module and can be extended to the analysis of electrical machines, EM / thermal or high frequency analysis.
The participants of this seminar are provided with many tips, tricks and experiences, which are always presented on the basis of specific case studies.
- Basic knowledge of 3D CAD with NX
- Basics in dealing with Simcenter 3D
- Fundamentals of electrodynamics
- Installation of MAGNETICS for NX
- Material properties and libraries
- Electrostatic analysis
- Magnetostatic analysis in 2D and 3D, electric fields and forces
- Using nonlinear material properties (B-H curve)
- Calculation of deformations from magnetic forces
(coupling with NX Nastran and internal Elasticitysolver)
- Transient magneto dynamic analysis
- Analysis of temperature or the heating process of conductor,
static and transient
- Magnetodynamic analysis in the frequency range
- Calculate inductance and phase shift