Fiber composites offer very high strength despite their low weight. For this reason, the number of applications is growing steadily. The cost of prototyping and the number of tests can be kept low if the components and assemblies are analyzed with Simcenter 3D.
This seminar provides the calculation engineer with the necessary knowledge to design products made of composite materials. Strength calculations with static and dynamic loads are part of the possibilities as well as thermo-elastic and acoustic simulations.
- Basics of FEM with Simcenter
For good efficiency and to maintain confidentiality, all participants (1 to 8) are from the same company.
- Basics of the calculation of composites and laminates
- Working with the Simcenter Laminate Modeler
- Crosslinking for laminates and composites
- Orthotropic material properties
- Physical properties
- Layer validation
- Import of laminate definitions
- Directional definitions
- Failure indices
- Result evaluation
- Case studies