7.4 Topology Optimization
Driven by high quantities and material costs, components are getting slimmer and lighter. Nevertheless, the strength requirements must be met. Many engineers face this task. One approach is to optimize the topology with Simcenter NASTRAN.
Starting with the installation space, a new design can be determined here with the restriction of manufacturing influences and strength values. The calculation engineer is freed from the manual creation of many variants and can have the best design generated automatically.
- Basics of FEM analysis with Simcenter
- Basics in building an optimization solution
- Definition of the optimization area and goal
- Create design variables and constraints
- Presentation of the result
- Choosing the best design
- Export of the geometry
- Verification of strength