2.3 Coupled Thermal/Fluid Analysis with Simcenter Thermal/Flow/ESC
With Simcenter Thermal / Flow or ESC (Electronic System Cooling) tasks of fluid mechanics, complex thermal problems as well as coupled thermal / fluid tasks can be solved.
This enables one solver each for thermal and fluid mechanical calculations, which can be coupled with each other if necessary. In this seminar we deal with the methodology for the coupling between the fluid mechanical and thermal solver.
- Handling of 3D CAD models in NX
- Basics of heat transfer processes
- Principles of fluid mechanics and numerical
- Methodology for thermal and CFD analyses
- Methodology for coupled fluid mechanics and
thermal analyses (Conjugate Heat Transfer - CHT)
- CAD methods for creating the fluid volume
- Meshing, mesh control and mesh connections
- Boundary conditions
- Choice of turbulence model
- Initial conditions
- Material properties
- Recommendations for time step size and convergence
- Solving and control the solving process
- Post processing: temperature distribution, temperature gradients, heat flux, convection coefficients,
flow velocity, pressure distribution, forces and torques
- Interpretation of results
- Quality assurance
- Case Studies: Cast housing, water channel, LEDlamp, etc.