1.6 Analysis of Laminates with Simcenter Nastran
Fiber composite materials offer very high strength despite their low weight. For this reason, the number of applications is growing steadily. The costs of prototype construction and the number of tests can be kept low if the components and assemblies are analyzed with Simcenter 3D.
In this seminar, the calculation engineer is provided with the necessary knowledge to design products made of composite materials. Strength calculation with static and dynamic loads are among the possibilities as well as thermo-elastic and acoustic simulations.
- Basics of FEM analysis with Simcenter
- Basics of the calculation of composites and laminates
- Using the Simcenter Laminate Modeler
- Meshing for laminates and composites
- Orthotropic material properties
- Physical Properties
- Layer validation
- Import of laminate definitions
- Orientation Definitions
- Failure Theory
- Evaluation of results
- Case studies